Thursday, August 28, 2008

Found it!

So there have been several dozen things over the past few weeks where I've said, "I've gotta blog about that!"  And mama time being what it is, nothing gets blogged.  But TONIGHT...

Trying to figure out what I was going to cook for dinner tomorrow night.  Hmmm.  Am I going to have to stop at the store after I pick the big boy up from school?  I hope not...school all day for him, work all day for me...if we have to do the grocery store at 5:00 and then come home and cook dinner, that could be icky...what's in the freezer, I wonder?  Maybe last time I was at Trader Joe's I bought something wonderful and easy and healthy that I can cook.

Ewww.  Very old vegetable soup.  Nope.
Chicken burritos would be good...but the microwave is broken.
Potstickers with some rice would be easy...but there aren't enough of them.
Chicken breasts with....hmmm....something...

Hey, what's that?  Way in the back?  Wrapped in the...Target bag?  WTF?  Don't we EVER clean out this damn freez...

And guess what?  I found the placenta.  From the homebirth.  At the end of March.  That the midwives said they didn't remember getting rid of - but we thought they were kidding, cuz we didn't ask them to save it.

Five month old frozen placenta is NOT the kind of thing you want to happen upon unexpectedly, just so you know.

Suz